Page updated: 20 Dec 2010
Trafford Provider Services
Trafford Provider Services is the part of NHS Trafford that provides community health services for the borough’s residents.
The services include:
- District nursing.
- Specialist nursing, such as Parkinson's Disease, end-of-life care and tissue viability specialists.
- Allied health professionals, such as physiotherapists, dieticians and podiatrists.
- Community dentists.
- Cancer support.
The services take place in a wide range of settings, including hospitals, health centres, GP surgeries, schools, community buildings and in patients’ own homes.
The organisation manages a budget of £14million to provide these services, employing over 600 staff who between them will hold around 350,000 appointments each year.
Trafford Provider Services is an autonomous provider although it is accountable to the board of the primary care trust and operates as a delegated committee, which is chaired by a non-executive director. Its managing director, Mark Brandreth, also sits on the board.
The organisation has a dedicated business plan and assurance framework for 2010/11. Its strategy is to:
Work with partners to develop an integrated care system in Trafford to provide the best possible care at the lowest appropriate cost.
Its objectives for the year are to:
- Provide evidence-based services for patients.
- Develop staff knowledge, skills and competencies.
- Seek the views and involvement of patients in the delivery of services.
- Successfully manage the transfer of community health services into new organisational arrangements.
- Improve performance by acting on good information to deliver value for money and a balanced budget.
During 2009/10, Trafford Provider Services was able to reduce waiting times despite increased activity, and was rated as ‘fully compliant’ as part of the Care Quality Commission’s (CQC) ‘Annual Health Check’.
It has also been the main contributor to the primary care trust achieving Level 1 NHS litigation authority status.
Integrated care system
Trafford Provider Services has been at the forefront of the development of an integrated care system in Trafford, working in partnership with colleagues in the borough’s hospitals, with GPs and with adult social services at the council.
The integrated care system will mean more services are made available in local communities and closer to people’s homes.